Excessive discharge of a white, sticky, foul-smelling material from the vagina is called Leucorrhoea. This common problem may occur due to unhygienic conditions, infection of the genital tract, or impaired immune function. In Ayurveda, Leucorrhoea is known as Shveta Pradar, where Shveta means ‘white’, and Pradar means ‘discharge’.
Excessive intake of heavy, oily, cold, sweet, and dense foods, consumption of too much milk, butter, yogurt, and cheese, overindulgence in sexual activity, repeated abortions or miscarriages, following improper diet and lifestyle during menstrual cycles, improper vaginal hygiene can cause leucorrhoea.
The following are some of the symptoms of leucorrhoea:
- White discharge in the undergarments
- Intense irritation and /or Pain in the cervical region
- Headaches & irritability
- Stomach ache
- Dark patches under the eyes.
The following may be the causes of leucorrhoea:
- Improper or bad eating habits
- Eating spicy and fried foods and lots of carbohydrates.
- Accumulation of toxins in the body
- Unhygienic living conditions
- Wounds produced by itching
- Bacterial Infection
- Anaemia and diseases like diabetes etc,
- Hormonal disturbances
- Avoid spicy and fried food completely.
- Avoid food made of white flour
- Avoid white sugar products
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and other condiments
- Avoid tinned/ canned food